Monday, June 13, 2011

Tomato chutney


Tomato Chutney:




My mom makes this version of tamato chutney always.It is one easy dish which you can do it in 5 to 10 minutes and I always love to have this as ma side dish with Idli and Chapathi...I always end up licking my plate and make my plate clean whenever my mom prepares this chutney...My mouth is watering by the sheer thought of it and so I go directly to the recipe.

Ingredients:


Tomatoes
Green chilies
Salt
Cooking oil
mustard seeds
Method:


1.Wash tomatoes and green chilies. Wipe out the water with the towel and drain it.
2.Cut the tomatoes.
3.In a mixi jar add sliced tomatoes and green chilies.
4.Make a fine paste and keep it aside.
5.Keep a wok in stove and add oil.
6.Wait for the oil to get heated and add mustard seeds.
7.Once the seeds splutters add the ground paste(tomato and chilly paste).Also add required salt at this stage.
8.Let this mixture cook for a while.
9.Wait till the oil leaves the side of the vessel and floats at the top. Switch the stove off at this stage.
10.Serve it as a side dish with hot idlis and chapathis :)


2 comments: