Friday, June 17, 2011

Javarusi Vada/Sago Patties


I always related Sago with 2 dishes which my mom prepares... one is javarusi vadam and the other is javarusi kanju...Never heard of sago patties.It was a get together at home and everyone of us decided to make one dish and when we were discussing about the dishes Vani manni said she will bring Sago patties :) I admired the name a lot but was not sure of the taste. The D day arrived and Vanni manni made Sago patties and gave the first fry to me and I totally loved the taste and after the get together she gave me the batter and I took it home also prepared patties and had it the next day. I asked her for the recipe and promptly she told me. Thanks a lot Manni for letting me know about it. Here is the recipe.

Ingredients:


1.Sago
2.Green Chilies
3.Potato
4.Peanuts
5.Salt
6.Oil for frying

Method:


 

1.Soak sago in water 5 hours before the preparation and after 5 hours sago will turn very soft.Drain the water from it and transfer it in a bowl.
2.Grind green chilies and make it as fine paste.
3.Dry roast peanuts...remove the coverings from it and grind it to a fine powder.
4.Boil potato. Cool it and smash it well.
5.Add smashed potato, roasted peanut powder ,chili paste and salt to the soft sago and mix it well and make sure that all the ingredients are mixed well and is uniform.
6.Take a wok and heat oil in it.
7.Make a small ball from the sago mixture and press it between ur palms and make it as patties.
8.Drop the patties carefully once the oil is heated.
9.Deep fry till the sago patties turn golden yellow color.Drain excess oil.
10.Serve the patties hot.
I ate it without any side dish because of its yummicious taste. But you can have it with the chutney/Sambhar of ur choice.


 
 

4 comments:

  1. making it this weekend..sounds absolutely yummy..!
    first time here..love your blog..
    Am your new follower now..:)
    do stop by mine sometime..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay I shall bump at ur blog soon :)
    and plz do let me know how it turned out :)
    Thanks a lot for ur support :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by n ur inspiring feedback..!
    btw..for dum biryani, after the cooking process is over, we seal it with moist cloth. Place it over a thick girdle kept on low flame for 10 to 15 mins. This makes the biryani fluffy n aromatic.
    giv a try n enjoy..;)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Jay for teh clarification.I shall try it out and let u know.

    ReplyDelete