Sunday, May 12, 2013

Restaurant review:Mathysa

My in-laws were away from home yesterday and I was running out of ideas for my dinner...When I asked my hubby for suggestions he promptly said We shall eat out and I was not ok with it...The main reason is my 1.9 year old hyper active kid..He pulls out the plates, glass and everything that is placed on the table...runs around the restaurant...So I was bit hesitant...Finally I nodded yes and was ready to face the challenge...

Now that We have decided to eat out We started to search for the restaurant...Since it was not planned before We were pushed to choose one...and Mathsya was our choice...We were there twice and We planned to visit it again...

Dinner buffet starts at 07.00pm and We were there by 06.45pm...Was waiting for 20 minutes and finally We chose our chairs...

The first item that came to our tables was tomato soup...It was just yummilicious..especially the croutons..My boy loved it a lot...and then We then started to explore the dishes...

The welcome drink was grape juice...It was not tangy and not so sweety...It was perfectly blended with sugar and I had 2 small glasses of it :)

Then came the salad session which I loved the most...Veg herbal salad, desi veg salad, faji radish salad(corn and radish) and beetroot salad..I loved faji radish salad the most...

Mutter kachori,veg sesami finger and kerai vadai was our next menu...I loved the kachori but did not like the keerai vadai for some reasons...veg s esami finger was the one which I loved the most...wish I could have it now :(

I took  poori and channa..And We had roti and butter naan...And the side dishes were paneer butter masala,mixed vegetable curry,dal fry,kerala hofta curry and veg and bells pepper sauce...I did not try dal fry though....

Noodles and peas pulav was there..I love peas pulav and enjoyed eating it :)Coconut rice was there...It was not in white colour but was in yellow color and I loved the taste...

I skipped rasam and steamed rice...My favourite curd rice was there along with mor molaga and pickle...
Finally We took some fruits and I skipped the ice cream..
Desserts were waiting for us...It was semiya payam,jalebi and mango payam..I had only the mango payasam and it was just out of the world..Loved every bit of it...a blend of mango flesh and jaggery…yummy in my tummy J
I ate so well and I could not even barge out of my seat...
I skipped the chaat counter and veg utappam which was their special menu that day...
Dinner buffet for one would cost 310+ tax...


Mathsya is situated in
29/31, Arcot Street, Off Thanikachalam Road
T. Nagar, Chennai –600017

Note:This is not a paid review and it is all my view about the restaurant...
On a scale of 5 I would rate 4.5...If you are looking for a simple buffet then got for it and you will enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment