Saturday, October 29, 2011

Home made Sambar powder/Sambar Podi

 

Sambar powder is an essential ingredient in all our households right?I have never seen my mom using store bought powder till date and so is my MIL.When sambar powder is reaching its expiry my mom  immediately prepares the powder in a jiffy and store it for the forthcomings months.Below is the method which my mom uses to prepare sambar podi and the proportions she uses will yield sambhar powder for 3 whole months.You can adjust the proportions according to your nee.

 



Ingredients:




Dry red chilies 1 kg
Coriander seeds 3/4 kg
Split chenna dal 1/4 kg
Tur dal 1/4 kg
Turmeric powder 100g
Pepper corns 100g
Fenugreek seeds 100g

 


Method:



1.Mix all the above ingredients and make it as fine powder.(you can give it in the mill to make it as fine powder).Store it and use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment