Friday, December 21, 2012

Medhu vadai/Ulundu vadai-Urad dal Patties recipe/Easy patties recipe

 

 

 

 

I was not a big fan of vada until sometime and always long for my ma’s rice flour vada(recipe will be posted soon)…The rice flour vada is always cripsy and whenever there is a function I make it in a jiffy as it does  require the easy available ingredients…Urad dal vada was never my forte and always missed some thing and when I was investigating I found I was adding excess water which spoiled the entire recipe…This time I was cautious not to make the mistake and my new wet grinder helped me a lot in making the recipe a grand success.Now off to the recipe.

 

 




Medhu vadai

Ingredients:


Urad dal 1 cup
Green chilies

2 medium sized finely chopped


 

Curry leaves a sprig finely chopped
Asafetida 1 tsp
Onion finely chopped 1/4 cup
Salt as required
oil 3 tbsp or as required




Method:


1.Wash and soak the urad dal for 1 hour.After that drain water and grind it to a thick batter using your wet grinder or food processor…Sprinkle only very little water…Add required salt…I normally add rock salt and while adding salt the batter would become watery and so be careful while adding salt and water…Ensure the batter is thick and not loose…


 


2.To the batter add asafetida,curry leaves and chopped onions and mix well.

3.Smear oil in your hand and take banana leaf or milk cover…Smear some oil over it…Take some batter and put it in the leaf or cover…Pat it gently so that it forms a circle…Make a hole in the centre…


4.In a wok add oil and wait till it gets heated…Once it is ready for frying carefully tilt the leaf or cover in your hand and carefully drop the vada in the oil…Wait till both the sides of the patties turn golden color…Drain oil and serve it with any chutney :)

Medhu vadai 1

Notes:



1.If the batter is bit loose you can go ahead and add rice flour.

2.For the second vada smear the leaf or cover will water or oil and then start making it…


3.You can add coriander leaves,carrots and cabbages and make the vada more healthy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment