Saturday, April 26, 2014

Neer Mor-Mildy spiced butter milk[Easy summer recipes]

Chennai summer is worse!I do not have the heart to get out of my home apart from the time I leave for work!And a week back I got dehydrated!I was someone who always told others than one should take enough liquids during the summer but I fell sick!completely got dehydrated and it took me a while to come back to normalcy…The husband got bottles and bottles of juice rich in electrolytes and I kept myself hydrated…It has been sometime since I drank tender coconut water…Oh yes that tells me that it has been sometime that the son and I went for a weekend morning walk to marina beach!So the point I wanted to tell is drink as much of water you could or drink buttermilk that helps your body to be hydrated!Even in office I have replaced my coffee with butter milk!

I associate neer mor with ramanavami…We make neer mor and panagam as  neivedhyam to Lord Rama…Here is an easy recipe :)Make it and relish the taste…

 

IMG_0004

 

You will need?

Thick curd/ butter milk-1 cup

green chilies-1 inch piece

ginger-1 inch piece(wash and peel the skin,roughly chop it)

asafetida-1 tsp

salt-as required

coriander leaves-2 tsp(leaves alone finely chopped and washed)

How to make?

In a mixie add chopped ginger,chili,asafetida and salt and grind it well.

Then add the curd and grind it for a minute…If you feel concentrate add 1/2 cup water and mix it well.finally top it with coriander leaves.

Chill it in refrigerator and serve it cool.

 

IMG_0005

 

Notes:

Instead of grinding ginger and green chilies you can add it as chopped ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment