Sunday, April 20, 2014

Mango pickle[Easy pickle recipe,summer recipe]

It has been sometime I blogged!I wish I blog often :)Summer has already on its peak and chennai is always unique for its scorching heat!I never wish to get out of the home during weekends and like to stay in my cozy cocoon!Also I am just trying to avoid my time in kitchen(who will wish to slog in the suffocating heat!) and try to wrap it with easy peasy recipes!Also there are some seasonal things you get it during summer and I wanted to make best use of it!

 

Made some vadams(the post is due!),got maavadu for 4 times and converted into excellent maa vadus with spices :)Started making potato fryums(it is drying in the open space and ones it comes out well,a blog would be posted ;)yesterday got a big tangy raw mango!I was skeptical whether to make manga paruppu(mango cooked with dals and spiced up with flavourful spices) but the husband likes pickles and I decided to make this easy pickle!Can be preserved for a week,if refrigerated!

 

mango ickle

 

You will need:-

Raw mango-1  big sized

Red chili powder-2 tsp(or as per your need)

Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp

asafetida –1 tsp

oil-2 tsp

salt-1tsp or as per the need

 

How do I make?

Wash the mango well and pat it dry

cut it into fine pieces..If you cut it into small pieces it looks good and appalling

In a vessel put the finely chopped mango pieces,asafetida and salt

In a wok add oil and wait till it get heated…Add mustard seeds and allow it to crackle and immediately pour it over the mango pieces…Mix the contents well…Voila!awesome mango pickle is all ready to be served!Goes well with curd rice!

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. A range of simple and scrumptious dosas and vadas is what you’re in store for, when you are in Chennai. Check out these best places for breakfast in Chennai and enjoy your food.

    ReplyDelete