Friday, November 4, 2011

Mullumurukku-Stepwise recipe

Big snap

Mullumuruku is also one of the many savouries we prepared for diwali.Mom is extremely good at making dishes in a jiffy and I always try hard to learn things from her.I thought making mullumurukku is a tedious process but when I started to make it with her,I felt it is an easy recipe.I also gained confidence of making it own all by myself.The yummy crunchy mullumurukku is one of my favourites and I many a times I use it as a side dish for rasam rice :)

 


Ingredients:




Raw Rice 2 cups
split chenna dal 1 cup
moong dal 1/2 cup
Roasted bengal gram 1/2 cup
Butter 2 tbsp
Asafetida 1 tsp
Salt as required
Oil as required for frying
Water as required for kneading

 


Method:


 


1.Mix raw rice,split chenna dal,moong dal and roasted bengal gram.Give it in mill to get a fine powder out of it.The outcome is mullumurukku flour.



2.In another vessel take mullumurukku flour and add asafetida ,salt and butter.Mix it well to avoid any lumps.Add water little by little  and form a dough.The consistency of dough should be little loose than the chapathi dough.The consistency of the dough is shown below.

01102011932



3.Take the mullumurukku press and add a portion of dough.Meanwhile heat oil in a wide vessel and wait till it gets heated.

 

01102011934



4.Once the oil is hot enough using mullumurukku press make swirls and form a circular mullumurukku in the oil.Wait for sometime till it cooks and turns it gently.Wait till both the sides cooks well and becomes crispy golden color sometimes crispy reddish golden color.Drain excess oil and carefully take the mullumurukku out.

 

01102011935



5.Let it cool and store it in a container.

01102011937


No comments:

Post a Comment